We all have an idea when we're feeling mentally and physically well. Sometimes though, we may need extra support to look after ourselves more.
Your mental health and wellbeing is just as important as your physical health, and feeling good is an important part of being healthy.
When it comes to mental health and wellbeing, there are lots of ways you can access help and support, including websites with further information and advice.
Five ways to wellbeing
The Rochdale borough Five Ways to Wellbeing website encourages you to measure your wellbeing (it takes about two minutes) and come back to see how it can improve over time. The website also provides information about how you can improve your wellbeing, such as, by connecting with people or making time to be active.
Sometimes, this isn't enough and we need to see someone to advise us about how we can improve our mental wellbeing.
Thinking Ahead is a new service for people in Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale who want to improve their mental health and wellbeing. It helps with everyday issues that affect mental wellbeing and provides professional support for more common mental health difficulties, such as anxiety and depression.
The Thinking Ahead service delivers a Primary Care mental health pathway and incorporates the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) service previously provided by Healthy Minds.
A team of professionals, including advisors and therapists, can help you overcome difficulties or manage them better. They are friendly and approachable, and will make sure that you see the right person for your situation. The service offers easy access to support in the local community and a range of proven therapies, including counselling, cognitive behavioural therapy, or guided online therapy.
You can be referred to the Thinking Ahead service via your GP, or you can self-refer by calling 01706 751 180 or via this link on the dedicated website www.thinkingaheadrochdale.com
Rochdale and District Mind services
'Mind' provides a range of services for people living in the Rochdale borough, including: services for young people, psychological services, dementia support, and much more. Find out more about the services they offer at www.rochdalemind.org.uk and click on the 'services' tab.
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
HMR CCG commissions a number of child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS) detailed below. You can read more about our CAMHS Plan here.
- #Thrive – emotional health and wellbeing service for children and young people
- Healthy Young Minds – specialist mental health service for children and young people
- Kooth – online counselling support for young people
- Rochdale Mind – Young People’s Listen Up – service to support good emotional health and wellbeing, including peer mentoring
- Early Break – Drug and Alcohol support for children and young people. Information also at Don't Be A Zombie
- Details of the support available locally for children's emotional and mental health can be found here
Other mental health services in the Rochdale borough include:
Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust, a leading provider of mental health and community services within the Rochdale Borough, has an online service directory which will provide you with detailed information about local services. You can access the service directory here.
- Working age adult inpatient and community services, including access and crisis, home treatment, assertive outreach and early intervention
- Older people's inpatient and community services and community-based drug and alcohol services
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
- Psychiatric Intensive Care (PICU)
- Low secure rehabilitation and step-down rehabilitation services, which are gender and age specific, designed to safely integrate people back into their local communities.
· #Thrive – emotional health and wellbeing service for children and young people http://healthyyoungmindspennine.nhs.uk/thrive/
· Healthy Young Minds – specialist mental health service for children and young people http://healthyyoungmindspennine.nhs.uk/find-us/heywood-middleton-rochdale/
· Kooth – online counselling support for young people https://kooth.com/
· Rochdale Mind – Young People’s Listen Up – service to support good emotional health and wellbeing, including peer mentoring http://www.rochdalemind.org.uk/young-persons-listen-up.asp#.WNuNRk0zU5s