It is important for adults and children to receive routine checks and advice and you are advised to see your dentist regularly.
Some people have to pay towards NHS dental treatment. Details of how much you will have to pay and who is entitiled to free NHS dental treatment can be found on the NHS Choices website.
To find your nearest dentist, enter your postcode in the 'Find a service' location finder on the right hand side of the page. Using the drop down box, select 'Dentists' and enter your postcode.
Access to dental services in the Rochdale borough has improved significantly since 2009, with a number of new dental practices opening in the area.
Dental in-hours urgent care
If you are not registered with a dentist but need urgent treatment, please contact the in-hours urgent care service on 01706 676367. Lines are open 8.45am – 4.45pm Monday to Friday. Please note this service is for one-off dental emergencies.
Dental out-of-hours service
For emergency dental treatment 6pm – 10pm Monday to Friday, throughout the day on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays, please contact the local out-of-hours service on 0161 337 2246. You will initially be assessed over the phone (this is known as telephone triage), and will then be prioritised according to need. You will be offered an appointment, if necessary, at a specific time and place.
Specialist dental services
There are occasions when you may be referred for specialist dental care. This may be provided in hospital, but often can be provided closer to home by specialists.
Some of the benefits of receiving specialist dental treatment outside of hospital are:
- Care can be provided closer to home, within the community
- Reduced waiting times for patients to get the treatment they need
- Frees up hospital appointments for the patients who need them the most
- Improved self-help information to allow patients to manage their own conditions
- Helps to manage the flow of patients more effectively
- Allows referrals to be made quickly and reduces the number of incorrect referrals
- Improves the overall patient experience.
If you are referred for specialist dental care you'll be informed where you will receive treatment and of any other arrangements that you might need to be aware of.