HMR CCG prides itself on finding innovative ways to improve the health and wellbeing of the borough.
Over the last four years, we have given one-off grants totalling £4.1 million to local community and voluntary groups to fund more than 150 projects with a health benefit.
To receive a grant through the Social Investment Fund, projects have to demonstrate health and community benefits to the Rochdale borough through:
- Schemes that deliver solutions that enable people to live independently and thrive within their local community
- Schemes which sustain and develop local community assets to build communities and develop life chances for local people. These schemes will need to evidence a robust sustainability plan in order to be considered.
- Promote cohesion within communities by identifying challenges, whilst working with disengaged or isolated groups. This is in recognition of the changing demographics of the borough and the range of population needs e.g. Language Barriers
- Promotion of independence and maintenance of Over 85s
- Schemes which identify and develop local individuals within communities to maximise their potential and serve as community assets, building confidence and capabilities
- Schemes which deliver innovative approaches in line with the cooperative spirit to change population behaviours and how we use public services through education.
- Schemes which identify long term conditions and how they will address the wider health determinants associated with these conditions, in order to improve outcomes for the individuals
The application process is now open. All applications submitted via email must be received by Thursday 24th November 2016 at 5pm. Hard copy applications must be sent in via post and be received by us no later than Tuesday 29th November 2016.
Each year, the CCG governing body decides the level of funding and focus for the Social Investment Fund criteria.
Case studies - just a few examples of the achievements so far
We've had some fantastic outcomes from projects funded by the Social Investment Fund. Find out about the achievements by clicking on the links below.