NHS Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale Clinical Commissioning Group (HMR CCG) is once again delighted to invite local charities, community and voluntary organisations in the Rochdale Borough to apply for funding for health-related projects as part of the Social Investment Fund (SIF).
In line with the CCG’s priorities for health improvement, the SIF Themes for 2018/19 will focus on developing the building blocks that individuals need to thrive and cope, and strengthening communities and supporting them to grow and prosper.
The CCG is encouraging local groups to apply for one-off grants for projects of up to 12 months, please note all schemes are required to embed a sustainability or exit plan into their project. Applications should be able to demonstrate their ability to meet one of the following four themes; Innovation, Aspiration, Isolation and Integration, and must compliment the development and implementation of the borough’s Locality Plan and Local Care Organisation (LCO).
Dr Chris Duffy, local GP and HMR CCG Chair said: “As part of the Social Investment Fund, we have awarded a total of £4.9 million to local voluntary, charity and community led projects. We are excited to be offering the opportunity again for another year to even more groups who can have a health impact within our local community.”
Further information about the themes can be found within the SIF Guidance Notes.
This year’s SIF of £400,000 aims to ‘Strengthen and Support Communities’ by having the third and voluntary sector at the heart of Rochdale, playing a key role in service delivery. We are excited to inform that there are two separate funding opportunities this year and charities, community and voluntary organisations may submit bids to either or both funding pots. Details of both funding opportunities are below:
- Strengthening Communities Fund – grants of up to £25,000 - A Full Application form which will be reviewed by a SIF panel. Grants to be awarded in March 2018 for service delivery in April 2018.
- Supporting Communities Fund – grants of up to £10,000 - A Short Application form will be reviewed by a SIF panel and applications meeting criteria will be invited to present their project to the SIF panel. Grants to be awarded in March 2018 for service delivery in April 2018.
The deadline for applications to the Strengthening Communities Fund of £300,000 is Monday 29th January 2018 at 5pm.
The deadline for applications to the Supporting Communities Fund of £100,000 is Friday 12th January 2018 at 5pm.
All applications will be considered by a SIF panel, with representatives from HMR CCG and Rochdale Borough Council. Applications will be considered in the New Year, with organisations notified in March 2018. Successful applicants should aim to commence delivery of the project in April 2018.
Organisations are asked to read the CCG SIF Guidance Notes to see if their organisation/ project will be eligible for funding.
Application forms, detailed guidance notes and a copy of our Grant Agreement are available on the HMR CCG website at: www.hmr.nhs.uk/index.php/services/local-health-grants
Some of the projects previously funded within the Social Investment Fund are:
- Deeplish Community Centre: supporting people to improve health and wellbeing through meet and learn sessions, healthy cooking activities and walk and talk events.
- Rochdale State of Mind, a suicide prevention programme targeting schools, communities and sports clubs promoting suicide awareness in sport.
- Rochdale and District Mind, providing advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. This project coordinates service user volunteers, allowing them to take the next steps towards being more active in the community.