GP practice teams and CCG staff shine at annual STAR Awards
The winners of the 2019 HMR STAR (Special Thanks And Recognition) Awards were announced at a ceremony in Rochdale on 27 September 2019.
The awards aim to celebrate and recognise CCG staff, GPs and GP practice staff for the excellent work they do to help NHS HMR CCG deliver its objectives and achieve its vision of healthier people, better future.
This year over 70 teams and individuals were nominated across five STAR Award categories for their work to deliver high quality, compassionate and individual patient care to people in the Rochdale borough – view the list of nominees.
Thank you to everyone who made a nomination this year!
Full list of STAR Awards 2019 winners
Winner: Olivia Beck, Practice Secretary, Littleborough Group Practice
Lucy Gorman, Receptionist, Longford St Medical Centre
Georgia Beech, Integrated Commissioning Administrator, HMR CCG/Rochdale Borough Council
Daniel Hurley, Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, HMR CCG
Emilie Tomkins, Support Team Member/Health Care Assistant, The Hive Health Centre
Winner: Dr Kevin Cody, GP at Ashworth Street Surgery
Highly commended: Nigel Stott from the Contracts Team at Greater Manchester Shared Service
Winner: Community Neuro Rehab Steering Group
Highly commended: Our Rochdale Connecting You team
Winner: Jerri Prior, Focussed Care Practitioner at Birtle View Medical Practice
Highly commended: Dr Bodrul Alam, GP at Edenfield Road Surgery
Winner: Milnrow Village Practice
Highly commended: The Hive Health Centre
- People’s STAR (public only) – For a person or team considered by patients and the public to have provided high quality, compassionate and individual patient care.
- Shining STAR (internal only) – For a person or team’s extraordinary work or achievements. A person or team that consistently supports colleagues and makes a real contribution to the Rochdale borough.
- Rising STAR (internal only) – For a young person (aged 25 and under) who brings enthusiasm, creativity and initiative to the team/department and continually strives to make a difference with a positive ‘nothing is too much trouble’ attitude.
- STAR Team (internal only) – For a team that works together to demonstrate excellence in its work towards improving the health of local people in the Rochdale borough.
- STARS Together (internal only) – this award is for a team, from different agencies or sectors, working together on projects or services showing innovation, commitment and leadership, driving collaboration and cooperation.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01706 652158.