The HMR STAR (Special Thanks And Recognition) awards have again been launched by NHS Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale Clinical Commissioning Group (HMR CCG).
The awards aim to celebrate and recognise CCG staff, GPs and GP practice staff for the excellent work they do to help NHS HMR CCG deliver its objectives and achieve its vision of healthier people, better future.
There are five award categories, with one – People’s STAR (Nancy Fallon Memorial Award) – open to local people and patients to nominate local GPs, practice managers, practice nurses or GP receptionists who you feel deserve special thanks and recognition.
- People’s STAR (public only) – For a person or team considered by patients and the public to have provided high quality, compassionate and individual patient care.
- Shining STAR (internal only) – For a person or team’s extraordinary work or achievements. A person or team that consistently supports colleagues and makes a real contribution to the Rochdale borough.
- Rising STAR (internal only) – For a young person (aged 25 and under) who brings enthusiasm, creativity and initiative to the team/department and continually strives to make a difference with a positive ‘nothing is too much trouble’ attitude.
- STAR Team (internal only) – For a team that works together to demonstrate excellence in its work towards improving the health of local people in the Rochdale borough.
- STARS Together (internal only) – this award is for a team, from different agencies or sectors, working together on projects or services showing innovation, commitment and leadership, driving collaboration and cooperation.
How to make your nomination
To help with shortlisting and the final selection of winners, you should give as much detail as possible about the person or team you are nominating, in no more than 200 words. This could be about their achievements; approach to colleagues, patients, work, change or challenges; reasons why they are a great example for others and employees of which the NHS can be proud; or what they’ve done to provide excellent customer service.
Be clear about why you think the person or team you are nominating is a HMR STAR. Tell us why you feel they deserve an award.
If you are a patient or member of the public and would like to nominate someone from your GP practice, please complete the People’s STAR nomination form.
Once you have completed the nomination form you can email it to email@example.com or you can post it to the address below.
HMR STAR Awards
NHS HMR Clinical Commissioning Group
PO Box 100
Nominations will close on 28 June 2019 and winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on Friday 27 September 2019.
Who is eligible for nomination of the People’s STAR
- Receptionists in GP practices in the Rochdale borough
- Practice nurses and healthcare assistants in the Rochdale borough
- Practice managers in the Rochdale borough
- GPs in the Rochdale borough
What happens next
A panel including representatives from NHS HMR CCG and Rochdale borough GP practices will consider all the nominations and, using fair and objective marking criteria, will narrow them down to a shortlist and choose deserving winners.
Finalists will be invited to attend the HMR STAR awards ceremony on Friday 27 September, where the winners will be announced.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01706 652158.